About Reservoir Communications Group and the Opportunity
Reservoir Communications Group is seeking an Associate, supporting our reputation, positioning, messaging, advocacy and alliance development projects for an array of large corporations, trade associations and nonprofits.
Reservoir’s collaborative, one-team approach brings the best people and ideas to bear on our clients’ most significant challenges and opportunities in the areas of advocacy, reputation, and brand strategy. We believe in the power of data to provide strategic insights, sharpen tactics and create efficiency in the way we communicate.
Reservoir is a flat organization: we value the insights and contributions of team members at every level within the organization and believe the key to success is treating each other and our clients with genuine respect and appreciation. Maintaining and strengthening company culture is the responsibility of every team member.
At Reservoir, we strive to be the best and recognize that each opportunity we are given is a chance to do something better than it has ever been done before.
Successful candidates will be energetic, focused and entrepreneurial, with strong written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively about complex topics. Previous health policy experience and strong working knowledge of key national policy debates, including drug pricing, health insurance reform, and care delivery reform highly preferred.
- Support projects with a focus on problem solving, quality, thorough and timely delivery, relationship management, and client satisfaction.
- Research and analyze policies, positions and data and distill into messaging and communications that advance clients’ businesses.
- Develop client- and public-ready content across a broad range of owned and earned media and content channels. This could include policy papers and briefs, blog posts, tweets, media materials, video scripts and more.
- Manage project-related logistics according to timelines.
- Support planning and new business development efforts, including preparation of RFPs.
Applicants should have at least 2 years of relevant work experience and possess:
- Exceptional writing skills
- Experience writing, editing and crafting policy-related content for a range of audiences (e.g., thought leaders, public)
- Experience researching, analyzing and distilling complex health policy topics and the relevant stakeholders involved in these debates
- A strong client-service ethos, including ability to work under deadline
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and across external partners and clients with a high level of professionalism
- BA/BS degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Real-word experience supporting, especially creating content for, policy-related communications and public affairs campaigns.
- Real-world experience researching, analyzing and distilling complex policy issues.
- Familiarity of the media and communications landscape.
- Knowledge of the healthcare advocacy landscape a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.