About Reservoir Communications Group and the Opportunity
Reservoir Communications Group is seeking a Director, leading our reputation, positioning, messaging, advocacy and alliance development projects for an array of large corporations, trade associations and nonprofits.
Reservoir’s collaborative, one-team approach brings the best people and ideas to bear on our clients’ most significant challenges and opportunities in the areas of advocacy, reputation, and brand strategy. We believe in the power of data to provide strategic insights, sharpen tactics and create efficiency in the way we communicate.
Reservoir is a flat organization: we value the insights and contributions of team members at every level within the organization and believe the key to success is treating each other and our clients with genuine respect and appreciation. Maintaining and strengthening company culture is the responsibility of every team member.
At Reservoir, we strive to be the best and recognize that each opportunity we are given is a chance to do something better than it has ever been done before.
Successful candidates will be energetic, focused and entrepreneurial, with strong written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively about complex topics. Previous health care-related policy or communications and agency/consulting experience required. Ideal candidate will have experience leading projects/relationships with large health care corporations on complex corporate and/or public affairs issues. Direct media, digital/social media and/or policy experience is a plus.
- Develop and lead the day-to-day of multiple public affairs/corporate communications projects and campaigns with a focus on problem solving, quality delivery, relationship management, and client satisfaction
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills and supervise writing of others across a broad range of owned and earned media and content channels
- Create communications and public affairs plans and goals, and manage against them
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends, issues or news involving relevant clients/stakeholders, in order to effectively identify and deliver strong and creative communications recommendations
- Lead budget management and financial planning for client work; support internal financial planning and growth strategy
- Capitalize on, and contribute to, opportunities to grow existing and new client relationships
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable, and conducting their reviews and overseeing their professional development
- Drive client planning and new business development efforts, including preparation of RFPs
Applicants should have approximately 10 years of relevant work experience in public relations and/or related fields and possess:
- Strong project management and judgment skills, including ability to work under deadline, with limited supervision
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience functioning as a daily client lead for integrated communications campaigns/projects that span digital, social and traditional channels
- A demonstrated ability to manage up, delegate and edit the work of others
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and across external partners and clients with a high level of professionalism
- BA/BS degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Real-world experience leading public affairs and corporate communications campaigns that have advanced business goals
- Track record of successfully managing resources and budgets, as well as helping win new business
- Confidence and experience necessary to manage a team and direct reports
- A solid understanding of the current health care landscape and the relevant issues impacting organizations and businesses active in the health space
Salary and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.