About Reservoir Communications Group and the Opportunity
Reservoir Communications Group is seeking a Director to lead public affairs-oriented digital engagement and paid media strategy within organizational brand, reputation and advocacy projects for an array of large health care corporations, trade associations and nonprofits.
Reservoir’s collaborative, one-team approach brings the best people and ideas to bear on our clients’ most significant challenges and opportunities in the areas of advocacy, reputation, and brand strategy. We believe in the power of data to provide strategic insights, sharpen tactics and create efficiency in the way we communicate.
Reservoir is a flat organization: we value the insights and contributions of team members at every level within the organization and believe the key to success is treating each other and our clients with genuine respect and appreciation. Maintaining and strengthening company culture is the responsibility of every team member.
At Reservoir, we strive to be the best and recognize that each opportunity we are given is a chance to do something better than it has ever been done before.
Successful candidates will be energetic, focused and entrepreneurial, with strong written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively about complex topics. Previous healthcare communications experience highly preferred. Direct digital and social media strategy and paid media and analytics expertise in public affairs required.
- Develop and lead multiple digital, social and paid media projects/campaigns with a focus on problem solving, quality delivery, relationship management, and client satisfaction
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills and supervise writing of others across a broad range of paid, social and other content channels
- Create digital engagement and paid media amplification strategic plans and goals, and manage against them by establishing metrics and optimizing against performance
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends, issues or news involving relevant clients/stakeholders, in order to effectively identify and deliver strong and creative recommendations
- Lead budget management and financial planning for client work; support internal financial planning and growth strategy
- Capitalize on, and contribute to, opportunities to grow existing and new client relationships
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable, and conducting their reviews and overseeing their professional development
- Drive client planning and new business development efforts, including preparation of RFPs
Applicants should have approximately 8-10 years of relevant work experience in public relations and/or related fields and possess:
- Strong project management and judgment skills, including ability to work under deadline, with limited supervision
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience functioning as a daily client lead for integrated communications campaigns/projects that span at least digital and social channels
- A demonstrated ability to manage up, delegate and edit the work of others
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills and comfort with digital intelligence/listening tools to inform strategy
- Ability to collaborate internally and across external partners and clients with a high level of professionalism
- BA/BS degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Real-word experience leading paid media and digital engagement public affairs campaigns, including effective targeting strategies, metrics and analytics, that have advanced business goals
- Track record of successfully managing resources and budgets, as well as helping win new business
- Confidence and experience necessary to manage a team and direct reports
- A solid understanding of the current digital media landscape and the relevant issues impacting organizations and businesses active in this space, ideally within the health sector or other highly regulated industries
Salary and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.