About Reservoir Communications Group and the Opportunity
Reservoir Communications Group is seeking a Managing Associate supporting our brand strategy, reputation and advocacy projects for an array of large corporations, trade associations and nonprofits in the healthcare sector.
Reservoir’s collaborative, one-team approach brings the best people and ideas to bear on our clients’ most significant challenges and opportunities in the areas of advocacy, reputation, and brand strategy. We believe in the power of data to provide strategic insights, sharpen tactics and create efficiency in the way we communicate.
Reservoir is a flat organization: we value the insights and contributions of team members at every level within the organization and believe the key to success is treating each other and our clients with genuine respect and appreciation. Maintaining and strengthening company culture is the responsibility of every team member.
At Reservoir, we strive to be the best and recognize that each opportunity we are given is a chance to do something better than it has ever been done before.
Successful candidates will be energetic, focused and entrepreneurial, with strong written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively about complex topics. Previous healthcare communications and agency/consulting experience highly preferred. Direct media (owned, earned, social, paid) and/or policy experience is a plus.
- Manage the day-to-day of projects/campaigns with a focus on problem solving, quality delivery, relationship management, and client satisfaction
- Play a role in creation of communications plans and goals; manage against them
- Serve as a daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Develop high quality client- and public-ready content across a broad range of owned and earned media and content channels
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback
- Support budget management and financial planning for client work
- Support planning and new business development efforts, including preparation of RFPs
Applicants should have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in public relations and/or related fields and possess:
- Strong project management skills, including ability to work under deadline
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience functioning as a daily client contact
- A demonstrated ability to manage up, delegate and edit the work of others
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and across external partners and clients with a high level of professionalism
- BA/BS degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Real-word experience managing communications and/or public affairs campaigns
- Experience in content development and distribution across media channels (owned, earned, paid)
- A solid understanding of the current healthcare landscape and the relevant issues impacting organizations and businesses active in the health space
Salary and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.